The last few weeks have started to get rougher and rougher on my body. I am unfortunately beginning to understand what the midwife meant when she said “When you get to 28 weeks you will understand why we recommend hospitalization at that time. You’ll know it’s time.” The first 2 trimesters weren’t really all that different than they were in first 2 pregnancies, except that I started growing way faster towards the end of my 2nd trimester than I ever had before. So here we go:
- I measured my waist around my belly button tonight. At 27w4d I am 102.5 cm around. Approximately the same size I was with both Sara and Amelie at 36 weeks. Holy shit!
- I remember having a bad pelvic pain with Amelie, but it was more of a muscular/limb thing I think. I remember it feeling like my legs were going to fall out of their sockets. At the moment I have a fairly constant pelvic pain, but it feels more like I have been kicked in the crotch mercilessly for hours, or had way too much sex. Neither of those two things have happened, so I know it’s a pregnancy thing. 😉
- I am waddling. There is nothing I can do about it. I never waddled with Sara, and maybe I waddled a little with Amelie, but I am waddling more often than not these days. There’s just too much pain going on to allow me to walk normal.
- Photos do not do my belly justice. We recently moved some stuff around the house, one of the moved items being a super-wide, full-length mirror. It now sits in the living room and I can look at myself and my belly all day long if I want, whereas before the mirror was somewhere I never set foot because it is too damn cold. We didn’t move the mirror so I could look at my belly, (The wooden frame was molding from all of the condensation that collected in the room and the move was an effort to save the mirror.) but before we moved it I rarely had an opportunity to actually see with my own eyes how big my belly is. It. Is. Big! I’ll keep posting photos, but if you want to really witness the awe of my twin belly, you need to come and see it with your own eyes.
- The XL-sized comfy flannel pajama bottoms I bought at Costco a mere 5 weeks ago are no longer comfy. I am starting to worry about what I am going to wear in the next few weeks. I think my regular maternity clothes will be okay. I’m wearing sweats that still fit right now. I’m thinking I might have to turn some yoga pants into pajamas. I really don’t mind the being pregnant part so much. I actually really love it. The getting super fat part though kind of sucks.
- I can feel little feet up at the top of my belly aaaaaalllll the time. It’s really cute, and kind of weird. With Sara and Amelie I don’t think I could really feel hardened and obvious body parts until way later in the pregnancy, but these little guys have a lot less space. There is almost always something hard and angled protruding from my belly. I’m kind of hoping it will get obvious enough to be able to see actually foot and/or handprints on the outside and take photos and videos. How cool will that be?
- I would like to spend the next 10 weeks in the bath. I took a bath tonight for the first time in ages thinking it would be good for my aching parts, and it so was. It felt so good I didn’t want to get out, which is very unlike me. Usually I am super bored in the bathtub and have to force myself to sit for 5 minutes, but not tonight. I really thought hard about what the chances were of drowning if I slept there. Since I obviously cannot live in the bathtub, I’m thinking maybe I should check out maternity pool classes somewhere once Amelie goes off to daycare full-time next week. God, I hope my maternity bathing suit will fit me at this enormous size!
And that’s about it for now I think. I have a bit of a cold, and am feeling generally blah and ick, and wanted to be in bed way before now, but I also knew that if I didn’t get this down now, who knows when I would because I’m unreliable like that, and I really do want to keep the best record of this pregnancy I can. So now I’m off to bed! Goodnight!